The team at HydroEdge Solutions knows interviews are stressful!
Although, it’s not possible to guarantee what questions will be asked in any interview, it’s important to prepare as much as possible. The HydroEdge team put together a few standard interview questions to help you with your next job interview with us or at any organization. As you go through these questions it’s important you take note of the strengths and weaknesses you feel you might have.
A fear for most job candidates being interviewed is the age-old question, “What are your weaknesses?” So, be sure to prepare for that question and if asked, acknowledge the weaknesses and explain what you have done to make that weakness a strength moving forward. For example, if you feel you don’t have as much experience in the oil and gas industry, focus on your education level or previous jobs you have worked at for an extended period of time. Show the interviewer your level of commitment to your last or current employer.
To that point, take a look at our short list of common interview questions below so that you can start to think about how you would answer the following:
- What makes you feel you are the best candidate for this job?
- What do you feel you bring to the table that most candidates can’t?
- Why did you leave your last employer?
- Tell me about a confrontation you had while at work? How did you resolve the issue?
Before your interview, make sure that you do your research on the company. Identify how long they’ve been in business, their mission statement, and even a few strengths of the organization. Not only will this show the interviewer that you are interested in the organization but it also showsthat you’ve come prepared. Not to mention, it gives you common ground to talk about.
During your interview you’ll be asked difficult and challenging questions, take a moment and think about your response before you answer. Remember it’s not about the speed of your answer it’s about the accuracy of the answer you provide. It’s OK to pause if it will help you be precise and clear with your answer.
Towards the end of your interview the interviewer will likely ask “Do you have any questions for me?” This is your chance to shine. Earlier in the interview if you didn’t have the opportunity to showcase the research you’ve done, now is the time to do it.
- I noticed that HydroEdge Solutions has been in business since 2013. Do you foresee any major changes coming in the near future?
- This tells us you’ve done your research on HydroEdge and are interested in the organization, not just landing a job. It shows commitment!
- I noticed on the HydroEdge Solutions website that there’s an emphasis on safety. How long is the training you provide and what does it entail?
- This will tell us you’re concerned about safety which is a strength in this organization.
- I see that the corporate headquarters for HydroEdge is located in McMurray, PA. What location would I be working at?
- This says you have not onlydone your homework on HydroEdge Solutions but you also remembered McMurray is the location of our corporate headquarters. Retaining information is crucial for any role.
If you’ve already had the opportunity to show off your research and the drive you have to work for HydroEdge then start asking questions you don’t know the answer to.
Asking questions that hold value to you not only gives you a better sense of the company and growth opportunities, but it also tells the interviewer you’re serious about the organization. That said, it’s important for you to understand the manager’s leadership style, and whether the organization is the right fit for you. So, what kind of questions should you ask?Keep reading we have that covered, too.
- How would you describe the company’s culture?
- How would you describe the company’s leadership philosophy/style?
- What are some examples of the projects you think I would be working on?
- Why is this a great place to work and what do you think distinguishes this company from others?
- How often do you promote from within?
- What is the time frame for hiring for this position?
- What are the next steps? – Always end with this question.
Hopefully, these tips and questions will help you in your interview with HydroEdge or any company. Remember, be confident in your abilities and ask only the questions you feel comfortable with. You want to leave the interview on a good note, so read the room and be aware of how the interviewer is responding and answering your questions. Always remember to send a thank you card and follow up email after the interview is over. Doing research and having some of these questions handy could potentially help you land a job with HydroEdge Solutions!
Ready to apply? [Submit an application here].